Lindsay Lohan Drunk on ‘Canyons’ Set, Then Drove Home in Porsche

Lindsay Lohan keeps begging for more work … but then when she gets it, she doesn’t take it seriously.

For her latest movie, the $250,000 budget “The Canyons” co-starring porn star James Deen, the actress was a veritable drunken mess, according to New York Times’ reporter Stephen Rodrick, who was embedded with the cast and crew during production.

Lohan, 26, tried to skip the first table reading of the script, but showed up late after she was threatened with a pink slip. Eventually, she was fired from the Bret Easton Ellis-penned flick after she blew off two days of filming. How’d she get the role back? She pounded on all the doors at the Orlando Hotel in Beverly Hills until she found director Paul Schrader’s room and then hysterically sobbed through the door for 90 minutes ... all while he texted her from inside to “go home.”

The two eventually met up at a bar to discuss her future in the movie, and Lohan admitted she had taken a sleeping pill and overslept, thus missing the first day of shooting.

But once she cried her way back onto the set, her behavior only got worse, and Rodrick says she was constantly complaining about the star power of her co-stars in “The Canyons,” a noir-style film about L.A. 20-somethings struggling with sex and ambition. For the role of a psychiatrist that went to director Gus Van Sant, she wanted producers to cast her ex, Jared Leto.

When it came time to film a four-way sex scene with a group of porn stars, Lohan – who was only paid $100 a day – drank so much, she freaked out and then locked herself in a closet for two hours. She only emerged camera-ready after 66-year-old Schrader stripped down himself in an effort to convince the actress that being naked was no big deal.

After finishing the 14-minute scene, the film’s producer insisted on getting Lohan a chauffeur considering how drunk she was, but she refused … and drove off in her Porsche (the same one she crashed in June). Rodrick says producers “all hoped they would still have a lead actress in the morning.”

They did … but she continued to live in her own world. Another day when she had a call time of 6 a.m., Lohan partied with Lady Gaga at the Chateau Marmont until 5:30 a.m., and didn’t show up on the set until three hours later, but she left soon after when her own personal doctor deemed her too sick to work.

After filming finally ended (barely), Schrader screened “The Canyons” for Lohan and her mother Dina at his New York City apartment in October. The director tells the Times that he eventually had to remove Dina from the room after she complained about the camera lingering too much on Deen, and not her daughter.

Although Lohan’s rep had no comment on the New York Times’ piece, Ellis – who tweeted on October 17 that Lohan had not shown up for some post-production voice work – posted a link to the article on Twitter and wrote “No. Comment.”

More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:

Follow omg! on Twitter