If you're pregnant in Hollywood and you don't announce it on Twitter or Instagram, are you even pregnant at all?
Celebs are all about finding cute and (sometimes) creative ways on social media to let their fans know a little one is on the way. Case in point: Naya Rivera, who made her happy proclamation yesterday. "We’re having a baby! Ryan and I feel so blessed and can’t wait to welcome the newest member of our family," the Glee actress, 28, shared along with the above photo.
For you future expectant moms in Hollywood, these seem to be the five trendiest ways to share your news.
1. You can't go wrong with a bun pun: Naya wasn't the first celeb to pun and post. Last year, Stacy Keibler got a little more literal with her pregnancy announcement by sharing a picture of an actual bun in her oven. "Look what we've got cooking! A Bun'dle of love!"
2. The more the merrier… invite a guest star: Sure, it may be your moment, but if you really want the "aw" factor there's nothing like getting your family involved. Jaime King clearly got the memo last week: "So excited to announce THE SEQUEL Coming later this year!! ... #BabyTown2 - Created by @kyle_newman and @jaime_king. Also starring #JamesKnight."
The Baldwins opted for a whole family affair (what, you didn't think Alec was getting in that shot?): "The sun has set on 2014 and on my year of daily #hilariaypd ....2015 is going to be very exciting as we are thrilled to announce we are expecting another little addition to our family! (tadasana) #yogapostureoftheday."
But don't be discouraged if you don't already have a cute little kid to photograph. Carrie Underwood did just fine with her pups: "In honor of "Labor" Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier!"
As for the Lacheys, Nick and Vanessa got artsy by having son Camden run around a heart in the sand that read, "It's a girl."
But you know who really started this trend? Jessica Simpson. Back in 2012 she revealed baby No. 2 was on the way by sharing a picture of Maxwell sitting in the sand in atop the words "Big Sis."
3. Just let the bump do the talking: Showing off your perfect family is great and all, but sometimes you have to let that burgeoning belly speak for itself. Take Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. After months of refusing to comment on their impending arrival, the singer put his wife's bump on display for his 7.9 million followers to see: "Thank you EVERYONE for the Bday wishes! This year, I'm getting the GREATEST GIFT EVER. CAN'T WAIT. #BoyOrGirl #YouNeverKnow #WeDontEvenKnow #WeAreTakingBets."
4. Get straight to the point: These stars did, so we will too.
Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) July 9, 2014
I'm pregnant!!! Brandon and I are so excited! Best early Christmas present ever :)— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) November 19, 2013
5. When all else fails, just promote yourself and look great doing it: Blake Lively revealed her and Ryan Reynolds's big news on her lifestyle site, Preserve. "Preserve at its core is about family. 'Family' is the single word our founder, Blake built this home on," the website's editorial team wrote while Blake perfectly posed. "We have something for men, for women, for the old, but we realized, we don't have anything for the new. With family on our mind, we looked to the origin of it all — to the women in our lives who are right there, at that special moment; at the creation of family." The chic clothing on Lively was for sale on her site, naturally.
Molly Sims also chose to blog about the news on her website (come on, who didn't click around) while incorporating a guest star, too.
Just calling it now... if Beyoncé and Jay Z go for Kid 2, they will find a brand new way to break the news to the world.