Four people threw blue paint on the “Black Lives Matter” mural on New York City’s Fifth Avenue on Friday, the second attack on the artwork in a week.
The vandals were arrested after the 4 PM Friday incident, police said. The mural is located near Trump Tower on the famed street.
More from Deadline
- NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises Promotes Beau Ferrari To Chairman
- Bob Costas Joins CNN As A Contributor
- Christopher Meloni & Mariska Hargitay Tease Stabler & Benson Reunion: "It's On"
Earlier in the week, a man dumped red paint on the yellow letters of the mural, which passing vehicles then spread over the rest. Authorities have since stepped up their presence in the area.
The mural was commissioned by Mayor Bill de Blasio and has been a flashpoint for confrontations between pro- and anti-Trump demonstrators.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto