Renewed interest in 2018’s Black Panther has emerged in the wake of the death of film star Chadwick Boseman on Friday.
Black Panther is at No. 3 on Amazon’s best-selling movies list on Sunday morning, trailing only the new Bill & Ted Face the Music.
On Apple, Black Panther is No. 4 on the best-seller list, just behind another Chadwick Boseman film, 2013’s 42, the story of baseball pioneer Jackie Robinson. No. 1 Was Bill and Ted Face The Music and No. 2 was The King of Staten Island.
Black Panther, which joined Disney+ in the spring, is now in the service’s top carousel window. It carries the message, “In remembrance of Chadwick Boseman.”
Fellow Disney property ABC will broadcast a primetime Black Panther tonight at 8 PM ET/PT. After the film, an ABC News special titled Chadwick Boseman — A Tribute for a King follows, documenting the actor’s life and career.
TBS airs Black Panther tonight for the second night at 8 PM ET/PT.
More from Deadline
- 'Black Panther' And Chadwick Boseman Tribute Lead ABC To Sunday Ratings Win
- Danai Gurira Pays Tribute To "Profoundly Generous" Chadwick Boseman, Talks How He Led 'Black Panther' And "Changed Everything For Black Representation"
- Twitter Crowns Chadwick Boseman's Last Post Most Liked Tweet Ever: "A Tribute Fit For a King"
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Total Cases Hit 6 Million Milestone
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto