The highly-anticipated sequel to Black Panther will hit theaters on May 6th, 2022.
Director Ryan Coogler appeared at Disney’s D23 Expo on Saturday to announce the news. “I’m working on it trying to give fans something special,” Coogler said. He and Marvel head Kevin Feige also revealed the logo for the film, which you can see below.
The first Black Panther film starred Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, alongside Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis. It went on to gross $1.35 billion at the worldwide box office and was nominated for seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, with wins for Best Costume Design, Best Original Score, and Best Production Design.
— DiscussingFilm @ D23 (@DiscussingFilm) August 24, 2019
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Leslie Jones, Alec Baldwin exit SNL
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Put a smile on that face with the new trailer for Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker: Watch