War is coming to Black Lightning‘s Freeland, courtesy of the Marvovians. So what does that mean for the Pierce family during Season 3 of the CW superhero series?
“It means that we aren’t going to be at peace anytime soon,” Cress Williams sighed during the cast’s visit to TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con suite. And because of the “global” nature of this new threat, Christine Adams revealed, “You’re not going to see the characters in their natural environment for quite a while.
More from TVLine
- iZombie EP Talks Series Finale Time Jump, Blaine's [Spoiler] and More
- The 100's Finale Bloodbath: Who Won't Survive to See Season 7? (Photos)
- Jane the Virgin Cast Cries (... and Cries) at Series Finale Table Read -- Watch
“It’s almost like a different show, in a way,” Adams added. “There are no Pierce family dinners on the horizon!”
Also in the video Q&A above:
* China Anne McClain shares her wish for more family team-ups
* Jordan Calloway, who plays Khalil, hints that the Markovia threat will be given a specific face. (At least in the comic books, he says, “Markovians open up a lot, y’all!”)
* Marvin Jones III and Calloway revisit one of the former’s favorite, grisly moments from Season 2
* Adams teases a “transformation” for Lynn’s relationship with the ominous Agent Odell
* Calloway’s presence at Comic-Con means that Khalil gets out of his pod, right…?
* And lastly, one cast member reveals that he/she will grow “more powerful” in Season 3.
Black Lightning returns Monday, Oct 21, leading out of All American.
Launch Gallery: TVLine's Exclusive Comic-Con Portraits 2019