TVLine has learned that the game show host and Emmy-winning Whose Line Is It Anyway? improv artist is set to play the DC Comics character of Tyson “Gravedigger” Sykes, who will first air in early 2020.
More from TVLine
- Flash Boss Teases Chester P. Runk Plan, Shares Funny Story About Arrowverse's Dueling Black Hole Storylines...
- Arrow Final Season Quiz: How Well Do You Remember the Pilot?
- Batwoman Cast Dishes: Who Has a Beef With Batman? Who Is Kate's Opposite? And Who Is the Goodest of the Good?
Black Lightning just this week kicked off Season 3, now airing Mondays at 9/8c.
“Gravedigger” is described as a World War II-era member of the U.S. military who became a “supersoldier” after a secret experiment gifted him with enhanced strength, agility, tactical genius and hand-to-hand combat expertise. After the war, Sykes defected to the country of Markovia rather than return to a segregated America.
Sykes’ aim to create a sovereign land for metahumans within Markovia will set him on a collision course with both the ASA and Black Lightning (played by Cress Williams).
Brady’s previous TV acting credits include Colony, How I Met Your Mother, Psych and Everybody Hates Chris.
Best of TVLine
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked (2019): Who Are the Best at Being the Worst?
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked!
- Fall TV Preview: Who's In? Who's Out? Your Guide to Every Casting Move!