Apple is negotiating to take off the table a documentary on singer Billie Eilish that has been directed by R.J. Cutler, the documentarian behind films including The World According to Dick Cheney and The September Issue. The film will be streamed on Apple TV+. Eilish – full name Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell – is the 17-year old phenomenon who records with her brother Finneas O’Connell and has other business with Apple and was named Apple Music’s artist of the year. Deal was made through her Interscope Records label. This comes off a breakout album in When We All Fall, Where Do We Go?, and a dimension changing performance of her hit “Bad Guy” on Saturday Night Live that has to be seen to be believed. Deal is 8-figures.
Here it is:
More from Deadline
- American Music Awards Full Winners List: Taylor Swift Breaks Records, Carrie Underwood And Billie Eilish Among Top Honorees
- MTV EMAs Winners List: Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift And Billie Eilish Among Top Honorees
- Disney+ Scores First Major Awards Nomination With 'Togo'
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers