Big Thief have returned today with their second album of the year, Two Hands. To promote what is yet another incredible record from the indie folk favorites, the band appeared on Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night to perform the lead single “Not”.
Bathed in warm reds and yellows, they delivered an impassioned performance that demonstrated why they’re one of the most engaging groups to emerge from the folk scene in some time. Watch the replay below.
“Capping one of the strongest years a rock band has had in a while, this stands as a crowning achievement, the perfect record to close out a tumultuous decade and lead into one where the damage may be irreversible. Two Hands asks what responsibility each of us have going into the next era, offering no clear answers.”
Below, revisit Big Thief frontperson Adrianne Lenker’s recent appearance on Kyle Meredith With…, during which she describes how the new LP is the more environmentally conscious twin of U.F.O.F.’s more celestial focus.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg announce new Band of Brothers follow-up series
- James Corden declares Brittany Howard the "best" Late Late Show performance: Watch
- Mayhem's Necrobutcher: I was on my way to kill Euronymous myself
- Nick Cave says he's "repelled" by "self-righteous" woke culture