Nick Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin, Jennifer Flackett and Kelly Galuska are now working on the show “Human Resources” for the streamer, which is described as a workplace comedy set in the world of the monsters from “Big Mouth.” All five will serve as creators and executive producers on the new series. The announcement was made Thursday at New York Comic-Con.
More from Variety
- Disney Blocks Netflix Ads on ABC, Freeform, FX
- Netflix 'Baby' Director Andrea De Sica to Helm Horror Film (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'The King' Director David Michôd on Robert Pattinson's Transformation Into the Dauphin of France
The series falls under the overall deal that Kroll, Goldberg, Levin and Flackett recently signed with Netflix through their newly formed company, Brutus Pink. Under the deal, Brutus Pink will create a variety of animated projects for Netflix, including both film and television.
The overall deal was announced back in July as part of a massive three-season renewal for “Big Mouth” that will keep the popular series on the air through its sixth season. “Big Mouth” is inspired by Kroll and Goldberg’s childhood. It follows a group of friends and their hormone monsters as they navigate adolescence, human sexuality and coming of age. Season 3 is set to debut on Netflix this Friday. Netflix also released a Valentine’s Day special for the series back in February of this year.
Check out a first look at the series below.
BIG MOUTH SPIN-OFF:
Stay tuned… pic.twitter.com/rvbN9KcPWg
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions