This Friday, a three-piece collection including the pink and yellow sweatshirts B. took to the stage at this year's Coachella will launch at the Balmain flagship in Paris, France. The collection, which also features a black tee with similar graphics, will be available the following day via the official B. and Balmain web stores.
Speaking with Vogue Tuesday to announce the collection, proceeds from which will go to the United Negro College Fund, Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing detailed the emotion he and B. put into the festival pieces. "I'm black and my parents are white," Rousteing said. "I grew up in France without having a real identification of being black and being an adult. I couldn't see myself in the future, in a way, because there were not so many people in the '80s or early '90s that could show me a direction. For me, working with Beyoncé, it's more than only music."
For Rousteing, the collection is about history. "She is an icon to an entire generation and so many more generations can follow the steps of Beyoncé and say, 'You give us hope, you make us dream,'" he said.
Prices for Beyoncé x Balmain start at $290 and top out at $1,790 for the sweatshirts. For more information, you know what to do.
More from Complex
- Cops Called on 'Kind of Suspicious' Black 12-Year-Old on His First Day as a Paperboy
- J. Crew Is Releasing Cookout-Inspired New Balances
- Steph Curry on LeBron Joining the Lakers: 'You've Still Got to Beat Us'
- Undefeated Is Giving Away Its Friends and Family Kobe Protros
- Why You (Probably) Will Not See Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller in NBA 2K19