BET Networks said Thursday that Nadja Webb Cogsville has been promoted to executive EVP, Programming Operations & Business and Legal Affairs at the ViacomCBS division, expanding the scope of her previous responsibilities
She reports to BET President Scott Mills and Jonathan Anschell, executive VP and general counsel of ViacomCBS Media Networks.
More from Deadline
- Disney Axes Upfronts Over Coronavirus; NBC, CBS, Fox, CW & WarnerMedia Already Canceled - UPDATE
- Media Stocks Crash As Pandemic, Now Official, Provokes Bear Market And Everything Is Being Canceled
- ViacomCBS' UK Production Arm Scores First U.S. Order With Ten-Part Music Doc Series For Reelz
Webb Cogsville will now oversee all programming operations functions in the scripted, unscripted and Music & Specials programming business units that create and commission content for BET and BET+. She will also continue to lead business and legal affairs for BET.
During her tenure with ViacomCBS, the company said, Webb Cogsville’s expertise has contributed billions of dollars in revenue-driving outcomes for the business, including a key overall deal with Tyler Perry in 2017.
“Nadja has been an instrumental partner to BET and our leadership team. Her keen negotiating skills, deep understanding of our content ecosystem and longstanding business relationships with our array of content partners have been critical to BET’s success,” said Mills. “Nadja has played key roles in every content deal that is foundational to the future of the BET brand.”
Prior to joining ViacomCBS, Webb Cogsville was Senior Counsel at Atlantic Recording Corporation, Counsel at Sony Music Entertainment and an associate at law firm of Weil, Gotshal & Manges.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll At 36 As Cases Top 1,000; Global Deaths Pass 4,500 - Update
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More