Netflix may get most of the attention, but it’s hardly a one-stop shop for cinephiles who are looking to stream essential classic and contemporary films. Each of the prominent streaming platforms — say hello to Disney+! — caters to its own niche of film obsessives.
From chilling horror fare on Shudder, to the boundless wonders of the Criterion Channel, and esoteric (but unmissable) festival hits on Film Movement Plus and OVID.tv, IndieWire’s monthly guide will highlight the best of what’s coming to every major streaming site, with an eye towards exclusive titles that may help readers decide which of these services is right for them.
More from IndieWire
- 'Work in Progress': It's Time You Get to Know Abby McEnany, So Let Her Introduce Herself -- Watch
- Timothy Greenfield-Sanders Honors His Longtime Friend in 'Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am'
- The Director of 'Sea of Shadows' Faced Down Cartels to Show the Fight to Save the World's Smallest Porpoise
Here’s the best of the best for November 2019.
Best of IndieWire
- Wes Anderson's Favorite Movies: 30 Films the Auteur Wants You to See
- 15 Famously Homoerotic Horror Movies, From 'The Craft' to 'Hellraiser'
- The 10 Best Slasher Movies Ever Made, From 'Candyman' to 'Psycho'