From the looks of things, Bernie Sanders has a huge following in Southern California.
More from Deadline
- Kamala Harris Ends Presidential Bid; Califormia Senator Tells Supporters She Lacks Cash To Continue - Update
- "I Was Very, Very Impressed": 'Knock Down The House' Director Rachel Lears On First Time She Met Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Bernie Sanders Talks Gesticulating, Rumpled Suits & Improv Jobs As He Meets Podcast Impersonator James Adomian
The 2020 Democratic presidential contender was surrounded by thousands of enthusiastic supporters as he took to the podium under cloudy skies.
“Our campaign is not only about defeating Trump, our campaign is about a political revolution,” Sanders told the crowd. “It is about transforming this country, it is about creating a government and an economy that works for all people and not just the one percent.”
Sanders said his campaign has received “more contributions from more people than any candidate in the history of the United States of America.”
“We don’t have a Super-PAC, we don’t want a Super-PAC,” he stated. “We don’t go to rich people’s wine caves. This is a campaign of the working class of this country, by the working class and for the working class.”
It’s “really nice to get out of the freezing cold in New York and Washington, D.C.,” Ocasio-Cortez said before striking a more serious tone.
“We’re going to change this country,” she said. “This is a movement decades in the making.”
Added Robbins, “I’m here today to endorse Bernie Sanders to be the next president of the United States.”
The rally had a family friendly vibe, with some attendees bringing along their children and pets.
There was also entertainment, with the bands Young the Giant, Local Natives, and Jesse & Joy performing before the rally got underway.
The gathering came after Thursday’s Democratic debate at Loyola Marymount University in nearby Westchester. Campaign manager Faiz Shakir told the media Friday that Sanders raised more than $1 million on the day of the debate.
City News Service contributed to this report.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers