Affleck will play a detective who becomes entangled in a mystery involving his missing daughter and a secret government program, while investigating a string of impossible high-end heists.
More from Variety
- Kevin Smith on Ben Affleck's Cameo in 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot': 'I Got My Friend Back'
- How Previsualization Helps Create Pitches for Projects Like 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Ben Affleck's Addiction Drama 'The Way Back' Moved to 2020
Solstice Studios and Studio 8 unveiled a strategic partnership for the film prior to this year’s American Film Market and plan to sign off on the co-production at this week’s AFM. The two companies will produce the movie, with Solstice spearheading U.S. distribution and international sales, while Studio 8 retains the option to co-finance.
Sources tell Variety that Rodriguez and the producers are trying to change production dates to accommodate Affleck’s busy schedule, with plans to start filming in April.
The Oscar winner has a hectic six months ahead. His New Regency thriller “Deep Water,” co-starring Ana de Armas, goes into production this month, followed by the Ridley Scott period drama “The Last Duel,” which is expected to start production at the beginning of 2020. That film also stars Matt Damon and Adam Driver.
Affleck recently wrapped the Netflix movie “The Last Thing He Wanted,” opposite Anne Hathaway, and also has the basketball drama “The Way Back.” He is repped by WME.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- The Best Gifts for 'Big Bang Theory' Fans