Belle and Sebastian singer-songwriter Stuart Murdoch calls up Kyle Meredith for the insights into The Days of Bagnold Summer, which serves as the band’s new album and soundtrack for the movie of the same name. There is discussion on the attraction of coming-of-age films, how the LP came from an idea for an instrumental record, and the loneliness of a harmonica. We also hear about their recent performance of If You’re Feeling Sinister and having their own cruise.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years [Updated]
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack