The veteran singer-songwriter called in some heavy-hitter guests for the album, with Pharrell co-writing and producing more than half the songs and contributions from Coldplay’s Chris Martin, along with Sky Ferreira.
The 11-track collection sees Beck at his dreamiest, folding ambient synth textures into slow-groover pop tunes. In a recent interview on the Sirius XM show Volume West (via Yahoo Entertainment) , Beck talked about the album’s formation, saying, “I think [Hyperspace] was going to be more varied, and then at the last minute, I just kind of went with the quieter, more smooth and atmospheric songs that just felt like, ‘OK, this feels like a record.’”
The LP arrives in full today via Capitol Records. Physical copies, including exclusive vinyl and merch bundles, are available through Beck’s online store. The songwriter has just a few tour dates ahead, including a performance at Intersect Las Vegas. Find tickets here.
(Read: Beck in 10 Songs)
02. Uneventful Days
03. Saw Lightning
04. Die Waiting
06. See Through
09. Dark Places
11. Everlasting Nothing
- David Byrne performs "Road to Nowhere" with cast of American Utopia Broadway on Fallon: Watch
- Horrifying 22-foot statue of baby Jesus looks just like Phil Collins
- Pete Townshend says "thank God" Keith Moon, John Entwistle are dead: "They were fucking difficult to play with"
- Top 25 Metal Songs of the 2010s
- Cameo user hires Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath to break up with her boyfriend