The post beabadoobee Unveils New Song “How Was Your Day?”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
As you might guess from the songwriter behind “I Wish I Was Stephen Malkmus”, bea has never been afraid to express herself with a forceful electric guitar. But here she strikes a softer tone, with acoustic strumming providing a backdrop for a bruised vocal delivery. The question, “How was your day?” is an attempt to reestablish communication. “What do you look like?” she asks later. “Remember when we used to fight?” Others might not recall that memory so fondly, but this is a song for appreciating the view through rose-colored glasses. She sings, “You used to kiss me/ Guess it’s not hard to believe/ That I miss getting angry at you.”
The accompanying music video shows off her latest thrift store finds, or maybe she just raided the closet of a 19th century German peasant. Wearing a corset, white blouse, and black skirt, she sits on an old wooden swing and reminisces about a tall skinny boy who made her laugh. The visuals are steeped in nostalgia, and you can check them out after the jump.
- Song of the Week: beabadoobee’s “Care” Reminds Us That It’s Actually Summer
- Top 25 Albums of 2020 (So Far)
Previously, beabadoobee has shared the singles Worth It”, “Sorry”, and “Care”. Last July, she unveiled a cover of Daniel Johnston’s “Walking the Cow”. beabadoobee will be Consequence of Sound’s Artist of the Month for October, so stay tuned for exclusive feature.
- The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Filter's Richard Patrick on Quitting Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor Told Me to Deliver Pizza
- BTS Perform "Dynamite" and "Idol" to Kick Off Tonight Show Residency: Watch
- The Doobie Brothers Wrote Bill Murray the Best Cease and Desist Letter