The post Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The 60-year-old musician was rushed to a local New York City hospital due to a shortness of breath and was subsequently diagnosed with a myocardial infarction, according to a representative for Murphy.
In a statement, cardiologist Jason Song, MD said Murphy “had two stents placed in his right coronary artery and was started on medications to manage his heart condition. Due to HIPAA regulations we cannot reveal further details of his condition. He is still in the hospital for continued monitoring of his condition.”
As a result of his hospitalization, Murphy has postponed all remaining dates of his residency at New York’s Le Poisson Rouge. “These shows will be postponed to later dates to be determined,” a press release notes.
Last year, Murphy reunited with former Bauhaus bandmate David J for “The Ruby Tour: 40 Years of Bauhaus”.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years [Updated]
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79