If you thought Luke was a little short to be a Stormtrooper, wait till you see the newest characters coming to a galaxy far, far away. Mattel has announced a collectible line of Barbie dolls inspired by Star Wars.
Coming ahead of the final entry in the main Star Wars series, The Rise of Skywalker, the three-figure Star Wars x Barbie collection is based on concept art from the first, A New Hope. There are takes on Darth Vader, R2-D2, and Princess Leia, all put through what’s described as “a distinctive Barbie high-fashion filter.” Think of it as chic cosplay, where Leia carries an Alliance Starbird clutch, Vader wears shades instead of a helmet, and R2-D2 ripped off a piece of C-3PO for her bag.
Each doll retails at $100 (!) and are available for pre-order through the Barbie website. Take a look at all the figures below.
If Star Wars doesn’t tickle your fancy, perhaps check out Barbie’s David Bowie-themed doll.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years [Updated]
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack