Former President Barack Obama is making a list, and checking it twice. A day after he released the list of his favorite books of 2019, he’s issued a film/TV faves ledger, including one of his own creations.
Obama has his own book allegedly in the works, but like many writers, has found lots of time for social media. His Penguin Random House book will allegedly be out in 2020. The former president and his wife, Michelle Obama, signed lucrative book deals in 2017. Michelle Obama’s sold more than 10 million copies worldwide.
More from Deadline
- Obama Reveals His Favorite Books Of 2019
- Media And Entertainment Stocks Rebounded In 2019, But Tech Remains The Darling
- Disruptor Of The Decade: How Streaming Changed Everything And Will Do It Again In The 2020s
So far, the official Twitter account for Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite has reached out to thank Obama, while the account for the film Little Women had a clip of joyous dancing. The Fleabag account noted “The feeling is mutual.”
Obama also included his own American Factory from his High Ground Productions.
We’ll add more as reactions roll in.
Next up are my favorite movies and TV shows of 2019. Of course, there’s also American Factory, a film from our own production company, Higher Ground, that was recently shortlisted for an Oscar. Here’s the full list: pic.twitter.com/PEcgwotcxm
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 29, 2019
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers