The post Banks brings a symphonic performance of “Contaminated” to Colbert: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Banks appeared on Monday’s episode of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert to deliver a symphonic version of “Contaminated”. The performance came in support of her new album, III, which also features singles “Gimme” and “Look What You’re Doing to Me”.
The R&B singer donned a sleek black outfit for the performance and played into the brooding atmosphere it suggested. With a four-piece string section backing her, Banks sang with her trademark vibrato, scratched with the wretched emotion of the lyrics. Check out the replay below.
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- Original Bauhaus lineup to reunite for first time in 13 years
- Sinéad O’Connor makes epic return on Ireland's Late Late Show: Watch