Avril Lavigne gives Kyle Meredith a call to discuss her new single “We Are Warriors”. The Canadian-French pop star shares why she rewrote the anthem as a tribute to frontline workers, and how she’s able to keep anthem-sized ideas personal. She also retraces the journey behind her latest album, Head Above Water, which found her dealing with Lyme disease and nearly quitting music.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- DEVO Selling Energy Dome Face Shields
- Hacker Group Leaks Confidential Lady Gaga Files, Threatens to Next Take Down Donald Trump
- R.I.P. Fred Willard, Beloved Comic and Actor Dead at 86
- Grimes' Mom Calls Out Elon Musk Over "Red Pill" Comment
- Here's What the First Socially Distant Concert in America Looked Like