Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan will not be part of Harvey Weinstein’s $44 million settlement, the actresses announced on Twitter.
“My lawsuit against #harveyweinstein is ongoing and I intend to take him to trial,” Judd posted on Friday, with a McGowan responding late into the morning, “I’m not part of this either. Ashley Judd says she’s not part of Harvey Weinstein’s $44 million settlement.”
The tweet came one day after it was announced on Thursday that Weinstein, the New York Attorney General’s office, former members of the Weinstein Co. board, and several women who have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct have tentatively reached a $44 million settlement deal.
Approximately $30 million of that total is expected go to a consortium of plaintiffs in several lawsuits filed, a source with direct knowledge of the settlement tells CNN.
If finalized, the settlement would also resolve the civil rights suit brought by the New York Attorney General’s office, according to the Journal. The deal must now be approved by advisers in charge of bankruptcy proceedings for the Weinstein Co. The settlement, however, would have no impact on Weinstein’s pending criminal trial.
Judd — who is suing Weinstein for sexual harassment and what the actress says was irreparable damage to her career — and McGowan — who said Weinstein raped her — were among the first women to come out against Weinstein in 2017. Since then, more than 80 women have come forward with allegations against Weinstein, ranging from sexual harassment to rape. Weinstein, who issued an apology in 2017 acknowledging he “caused a lot of pain,” denies all accusations of nonconsensual sexual activity.
The trial for the $44 million settlement is set to begin in September.
Read original story Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan: We Are Not Part of Harvey Weinstein’s $44 Million Settlement At TheWrap