The post Artists react to Leonard Cohen’s new posthumous single “Happens To The Heart” appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Leonard Cohen’s incredible new single “Happens To The Heart” dropped on streaming services today. The track, which appears on his forthcoming posthumous album, Thanks For The Dance, offers the rare chance to reconnect with the late and great bard.
In celebration of its release, Consequence of Sound asked some of its favorite artists to share their memories and thoughts of Cohen. In fact, each participating artist was given a distinct stanza from the song to share on their respective socials.
Read each artists’ response below.
CAGE THE ELEPHANT
Yeah this is a classic. Cohen’s got the amazing bottomless voice and flawless delivery, but he’s a sneaky rhymer. You can hang onto each line and wait
for the couplet to resolve and then the whole song wraps up right where you didn’t think it would https://t.co/lQeU8G3dWc pic.twitter.com/oxaCAWAug6
— Mark Mulcahy (@MarkMulcahyHQ) October 24, 2019
— william tyler (@williamtylertn) October 25, 2019
Thanks For The Dance is out November 22nd. For the nine-track LP, Cohen’s son, Adam, took leftover sketches and poems from his father’s 2016 LP, You Want it Darker, and fleshed them out with the assistance of Beck, Damien Rice, The National’s Bryce Dessner, and others.
- Kanye says God rewarded him with $68 million tax refund for becoming born-again Christian
- New Prince memoir reveals he hated Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran's music
- Morrissey is signing other artists' albums and selling them for $300 at shows
- Billie Eilish Throws an Unconventional, Unholy Mass Onstage
- Album Review: Kanye West Even Bores God with the Passionless Jesus Is King
- Film Review: xXx: Return of Xander Cage