In early May, Grande revealed that her next song is going to be called "The Light Is Coming," and on Sunday she shared a snippet of the track. The 21-second preview clip shows off guest vocals from Minaj.
Grande's next album Sweetener is expected to come out later this year, and she recently told Jimmy Fallon that "The Light Is Coming" will land on that project.
The song continues Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's history of collaborations. Their 2016 track "Side to Side" from Grande's Dangerous Woman album peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and their joint appearance on Jessie J's "Bang Bang" climbed to No. 3 in 2014.
As Minaj revealed on Instagram last week, their relationship goes deeper than just music. She shared a photo of a Chanel choker that was gifted to her by Grande. "Both my fans and I would cut a bitch for my little sissy Ariana Grande," Minaj wrote. "She bought me this lovely Chanel choker to match hers. Ugh! Her mind."
More from Complex
- People Struggle to Tell Apart Kanye vs. Trump Tweets
- Michael B. Jordan Explains Why He Initially Rejected 'Fahrenheit 451' Role
- Stephen Curry Is No Fan Of People Disrespecting LeBron James' Teammates
- Quentin Miller Says He's Going to Address Everything 'Once and for All'
- R. Kelly's Streams Are Up, But He's Still Primed to Go Down