The post Ariana Grande and Kristin Chenoweth cover Lesley Gore’s “You Don’t Own Me”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Today, Kristin Chenoweth returns with a new album called For the Girls. Across 12 tracks, the actress/singer/West Wing star pays tribute to great female singers throughout history with covers of Barbra Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, Dinah Washington, Dolly Parton, and more. The album also boasts a handful of notable guest appearances from the likes of Parton, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson, and Reba McEntire.
Specifically, Grande joins Chenoweth for a version of Lesley Gore’s seminal ballad “You Don’t Own Me”. Take a listen via the song’s lyric video below.
Next month, Chenoweth will support For the Girls with a series of live performances at the Nederlander Theatre on Broadway. Get tickets here.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Weezer's cover of Nirvana's "Lithium" brings Dave Grohl to tears: Watch
- Aaron Carter just got a new face tattoo
- Cream drummer Ginger Baker is "critically ill"
- Foo Fighters perform "Everlong" with Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian's 8-year-old son: Watch