Ariana Grande confirmed what many fans and several prominent media outlets predicted Friday night by making a surprise appearance during Kygo’s Coachella set. Ariana’s cameo came on the heels of her releasing the new single, “No Tears Left to Cry,” which she performed for the crowd.
Rumors aside, there were plenty of other strong indications Grande would likely use Coachella’s second weekend as an opportunity to roll out the debut single.
Scooter Braun dropped a few tweets roughly an hour before Kygo’s set was scheduled to begin, and Grande’s Instagram Stories feed also featured footage of herself and Mac Miller heading to Coachella via helicopter.
On the way the Coachella stage! Let’s see who is there?????— Scooter Braun (@scooterbraun) April 21, 2018
Hey @ArianaGrande ... what are u are you doing tonight??? 🌵— Scooter Braun (@scooterbraun) April 21, 2018
As rumored, Grande performed “No Tears Left to Cry,” but she also offered a throwback in the form of covering Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing.”
Ariana’s last full-length, studio album was 2016’s Dangerous Woman. In December of 2017, the pop singer confirmed returning to the studio to work on her upcoming fourth album, which is reportedly finished now.
- Ariana Grande Returns With New Single “No Tears Left to Cry”
- Listen to Ariana Grande and Future Join Forces on "Everyday"
- Ariana Grande Has Reportedly Completed Her 'Personal' Fourth Studio Album
- Ariana Grande's Nicki Minaj-Featuring "Side to Side" Hit With Copyright Lawsuit
More from Complex
- Jessica Williams and J.K. Rowling Detail Comedian's 'Fantastic Beasts' Character
- A Complete Guide to Air Jordan Release Dates
- Listen to Matthew Chaim's New Single "Crash"
- Macaulay Culkin Says 'Home Alone' Is 'Background Radiation at Christmastime'
- Inside Sneaker Shopping With Liam Payne | Talking Shop