Writer-director Jon McDonald’s previously announced action-comedy sees Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) star as Professor Ruckus Mandelbaum who in 1960 invents the ‘Titan badge’, which gives humans superpowers. He creates an unusual family of superheroes who rise to fame and prestige. But over time the family fractures. By 1979, however, two of the original superheroes go to extraordinary lengths to get their Titan badges back.
More from Deadline
- 'Alpha Gang' Assembles With Jon Hamm, Andrea Riseborough, Nicholas Hoult Leading Ensemble - Cannes
- Epic Pictures Acquires Genre Trio Through Horror Label Dread Ahead Of Cannes Marche
- Mark Wahlberg-Baltasar Kormakur Canine Pic 'Arthur The King' Moves To Lionsgate From Paramount With eOne & Tucker Tooley Financing, Sierra Launches Sales -- Cannes
Rounding out the cast as Mandelbaum’s superhero students are Penelope Mitchell (Hellboy), Tanner Buchanan (Designated Survivor), Elaine Tan (Tully), and Alphonso McAuley (Walk Of Shame).
The completed pic was produced by American Millimetre’s Jon McDonald, Justin Bell Productions’ Justin Bell and ReKon Productions’ Jon Michael Kondrath. Physical production was handled by ReKon Productions.
The deal was brokered by ReKon’s Lisha Yakub on behalf of the filmmakers, and Archstone’s President of Worldwide Sales & Development, Jack Sheehan.
Elwes is repped by APA and LINK Entertainment, Mitchell at APA and Brillstein, Buchanan at KMR Talent and Brillstein, Tan at Innovative Artists and LINK Entertainment, and McAuley at APA.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Global Cases Pass 8 Million As Death Toll Nears 450,000; U.S. Deaths At 116,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto