Boys State is a political coming-of-age story, examining the health of American democracy through an unusual experiment. A thousand 17-year-old boys from across Texas gather together to build a representative government from the ground up. High-minded ideals collide with low-down dirty tricks as four boys of diverse backgrounds and political views navigate the challenges of organizing political parties, shaping consensus, and campaigning for the highest office at Texas Boys State: governor. Concordia Studios developed and produced the project and brought it to Sundance. Submarine sold it.
More from Deadline
- Sundance Comes Alive With Pair Of $12 Million Deals For 'The Night House' & 'Uncle Frank'
- 'Under The Skin': A24 & Silver Reel In Bidding War For TV Rights To Jonathan Glazer's Cult Sci-Fi Film
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2020 - Day 2 - Will Ferrell, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Glenn Close & More
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers