Anna Faris is expressing her gratitude following Thanksgiving.
The 43-year-old actress tweeted shortly after the holiday that she and others "were saved from carbon monoxide" while celebrating Thanksgiving in Lake Tahoe.
"I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department - we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate," she wrote alongside a photo of plates of half-eaten food.
I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate pic.twitter.com/zqsW77Tda0— Anna Faris (@AnnaKFaris) November 30, 2019
ET has confirmed that North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection fire officials responded to an emergency at a rental home on Tahoma Drive on Thanksgiving Day. When fire officials arrived at the rental home they found high levels of carbon monoxide inside the home.
The department’s spokeswoman, Erin Holland, told ET that the dispatch call came in just before 7 p.m. local time. According to Holland, six ambulances and two fire engines went into "full response" mode and raced to the rental home on Tahoma Drive.
ET has learned that the fire department was notified by a local hospital that they received two patients, who transported themselves to the hospital because they felt sick. Once at the hospital, it was discovered that they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Holland says that when paramedics arrived at the home, the family told the paramedics that they thought they may have been suffering from altitude sickness. According to Holland, the 11 victims inside the home were experiencing headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
Most of the victims were treated and released at the home, Holland adds. However, a 3-year-old was transported by ambulance to the hospital for "dangerous levels of poisoning." The 3-year-old’s mother was also transported with the child. Authorities would not identify the patients taken to the hospital.
Holland also spoke to local news station KTXL, revealing that there were "446 parts per million" of carbon dioxide in the basement, which, she said, "is certainly something that is going to cause fatality in a short period of time."
Additionally, ET has learned that the home was not equipped with carbon monoxide detectors, something that state law requires in all family dwellings.
As for Faris' 7-year-old son, Jack, he was not at the house but rather spent Thanksgiving with his dad, Chris Pratt, and his stepmom, Katherine Schwarzenegger.
ET has reached out to Faris for comment on the scary incident.