Carlson is set to recur during Season 2 of FBI: Most Wanted as Jackie Ward, a veteran bounty hunter who has previously crossed paths with Julian McMahon’s Jess. Per our sister site Deadline, Jackie is described as “a force of nature” and “good at her job,” but a “thorn in the [FBI] team’s side.”
It was in September of 2017, during Blue Bloods‘ Season 8 premiere, that viewers gradually gleaned that Danny Reagan had been tragically widowed months earlier, when wife Linda, a nurse, was killed in a Medevac crash. Carlson’s off-camera exit nonetheless ranked among TV’s 100 Most Shocking Deaths Ever.
Since parting ways with that CBS procedural, Carlson has had roles on NBC’s The Village and Netflix’s The Society, whole her previous TV credits include Law & Order: Trial by Jury (which like CBS’ FBI franchise was sired by Dick Wolf), Third Watch and Another World.
Additionally, Lost alum Terry O’Quinn will recur on FBI: Most Wanted as Byron Lacroix, Jess’ divorced father who has “a big personality and a gambling addiction.”
FBI: Most Wanted will return with Season 2 as early as November-ish.
More from TVLine
- TVLine Items: Ealy Leads ABC Drama Pilot, MTV Reboots Cribs and More
- CBS Teases Mom (Minus Anna Faris), Cryptic NCIS: LA, Young Sheldon's Breakdown and Other Returning Shows
- CBS Sets November Dates for NCIS, Mom, Sheldon, All Rise and 6 Others
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles