The suspect reportedly faces charges of murder, rape with fatal consequences, attempted murder and possession of child pornography
An American man is facing multiple charges, including murder, after allegedly attacking two women and pushing them into a German ravine, resulting in one's death.
The 30-year-old man, whose name has not been released, has been charged with murder, rape with fatal consequences, attempted murder and possession of child pornography following the June incident outside of Neuschwanstein Castle, according to reports from the Associated Press and NBC News, which cite an indictment filed in Kempten state court.
Murder charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison in Germany, per the AP.
As the outlet notes, the indictment against the man was filed in Kempten state court, and the court will next decide whether to send his case to trial.
Prosecutors also obtained a laptop and cellphones from the suspect, on which they allegedly discovered child "sexual abuse material," per the AP.
The suspect, who the AP reports did not know the victims, ran into the two U.S. tourists — aged 21 and 22 — while hiking on a trail on June 14 near the Marienbrücke, a bridge close to the castle.
“The younger of the two women was attacked by the suspect," police spokesman Holger Stabik said in a statement to the AP at the time. “The older one tried to rush to her aid, was then choked by the suspect and subsequently pushed down a slope.”
The suspect then pushed the younger woman down the slope after attempting to sexually assault her, as reported by CNN. Bavaria police told the outlet that she died from injuries following the estimated 165-foot fall.
Footage of the suspect's arrest later circulated online, showing the man wearing a t-shirt, jeans and baseball cap as he was handcuffed.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
Witness Eric Abneri, who captured the footage, previously told the AP that the suspect had scratches on his face and "did not say a single word" during his arrest.
"I'm honestly absolutely stunned someone is still alive from this," Abneri said. "It is like falling from the top of an absolute cliff."
The 19th century castle built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria is said to have served as inspiration for famous fictional Disney castles, including the real-life Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, according to the location's tour website.
For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Read the original article on People.