It may feel like only yesterday that the Harmons first welcomed us into their Murder House, but here’s the sobering truth: Wednesday’s episode of American Horror Story: 1984 (FX, 10/9c) marks the franchise’s 100th episode.
Naturally, this major milestone has us feeling a little nostalgic, especially for the show’s ever-revolving stable of familiar faces. But which actor do we think of first when we talk about American Horror Story? Does Ryan Murphy’s anthology series, which has somehow managed to reinvent itself nine times in just as many years, really have a “star”?
More from TVLine
- American Horror Story Video: Meet Dylan McDermott's 1984 Character
- AHS: 1984 Recap: Death Becomes Her (Plus, a Surprise Asylum Connection!)
- Quotes of the Week: Batwoman, AHS, Madam Secretary, Conners and More
To satisfy our curiosity, we took stock of which actors have poured their blood, sweat and fears into the highest number of AHS episodes — and not unlike the results of the Seven Wonders trial, our findings were rather illuminating.
A few interesting observations: Not only is this list predominately made up of women (only two men managed to crack the Top 10), but only one performer on the list has been seen in AHS: 1984 thus far. (Disclaimer: This list is based on the number of episodes in which a given actor appeared prior to Wednesday’s milestone hour. If they were series regulars, but didn’t actually show up in a particular episode, it doesn’t count.)
Browse our gallery of Horror Story MVPs — you can click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your thoughts below: Which former cast member(s) are you dying to see back on the show?
Launch Gallery: <i>American Horror Story</i> MVPs
Best of TVLine
- Friends Couches: A Definitive Ranking
- Vampire Diaries Turns 10: How Real-Life Plot Twists Shaped Everything From the Love Triangle to the Final Death
- Decade in Review: The Very Best Seasons, Including Game of Thrones S3, The Good Wife S5, Arrow S2 and More