Directed by Francis Amat over four years, the film explores the lives and experiences of some of tennis’s most decorated women players, including twenty former number ones.
More from Deadline
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: Filmmaker Alex Lee Moyer Opted In To Amazon Prime Video's Online SXSW Plan Because "We Need To Be Seen To Exist"
- PSG Soccer Club Doc Series In The Works For Amazon Prime
- Amazon To Bring Back Cult Canadian Sketch Series 'The Kids In The Hall'
Contributors include Billie Jean King, Martina Hingis, Tracy Austin, Evonne Goolagong, Kim Clijsters, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario, Monica Seles, Kim Clijsters, Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic, Justine Henin, Jelena Jankovic and Victoria Azarenka.
The film reveals their perseverance, trials, and, tribulations and achievements, offering insight into the mind of the pro athlete and what it takes to make a champion.
Prime Video will release the film in their territories on July 13 of this year. North American distribution rights were recently picked up by LA-based Shout! Studios, which plans to launch the film later this year.
Amat also produced along with Paloma Gongora from Zatopeka Films and Kaleidoscope Film Distribution Limited.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Cases Top 2 Million, CDC Says, As Death Toll Nears 114,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto