EXCLUSIVE: Amazon Studios and Makeready, the production company behind stirring drama, Queen & Slim, have teamed up to develop The Jealousy Man feature based on the upcoming novel by Norwegian crime author Jo Nesbø. William Oldroyd has been tapped to direct the adaptation. He is best known for directing the 2016 TIFF drama Lady Macbeth, which earned him BAFTA and DGA nominations.
Roberto Bentivegna, who recently sold his high-profile Gucci screenplay to MGM with Ridley Scott directing and Lady Gaga starring as Patrizia Gucci, is adapting the script for The Jealousy Man. Set on a remote Greek island, the story follows twin brothers caught in a violent love triangle, and the detective, known as The Jealousy Man, is called in to investigate.
The Brad Weston-led Makeready will produce along with Nesbø and Niclas Salomonsson.
Nesbø works include the Harry Hole series, Headhunters, The Son, Blood on Snow, Midnight Sun, Macbeth, as well as several children’s books. His books have sold 45 million copies and been translated into 50 languages.
Makeready’s project slate includes a feature adaptation of Teresa Carpenter’s non-fiction crime story Mob Girl, with Jennifer Lawrence to star and Paolo Sorrentino to direct, and Catching Out feature at HBO Max.
More from Deadline
- Demi Moore To Star In Amazon Series 'Dirty Diana' Based On Erotic Drama Podcast From Shana Feste
- Writer-Producer Francesca Sloane Inks Overall Deal With Amazon Studios; Sets First Project With Legendary Based On Works Of Anaïs Nin
- Amazon To Stream 'All In: The Fight For Democracy' For Free On Voter Registration Day
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: American COVID-19 Deaths Cross 200,000; Fauci "Concerned" That The Worst May Be Yet To Come
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto