Amanda Bynes Released From Mental Hospital Three Weeks After Psychotic Episode (UPDATE)

Image via John Parra/FilmMagic/Getty
Image via John Parra/FilmMagic/Getty
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

UPDATED 4/12, 4:55 p.m. ET: Amanda Bynes’ ex-fiancé Paul Michael has revealed that they split up just two weeks before she was admitted into psychiatric care.

Per TMZ, Michael said that two weeks before she wandered the streets of Los Angeles without clothes, she disappeared for three days. When she returned home, she came home with a man. They argued about the incident, and she allegedly told him that she didn’t have feelings for him anymore. He packed up his belongings and left shortly after.

Michael was surprised to hear about her more recent behavior, he added. When she returned home with the other man, he claimed that she acted like a completely different person. Prior to all that, she was apparently in good spirits and focused on her nail care business.

See original story below.

Amanda Bynes has been released from a mental hospital after spending three weeks in psychiatric care following an episode last month, TMZ reports.

As previously reported, the former child star was placed on a psychiatric hold in March after she was found wandering the streets naked in Los Angeles.

Sources told TMZ Bynes was released Monday from a Southern California facility after “medical staff determined she was ready to get back to her day-to-day life.” Once Bynes returns home, the She’s the Man actress will receive outpatient treatment from her own home, as a staff of medical specialists will help Bynes on her path of recovery.

The news arrives less than a month after Bynes was spotted naked and roaming the streets of Los Angeles. Sources close to Bynes believe she was living on the streets for a number of days prior to when she was found. On March 19, the 36-year-old actress flagged down a car, informing the driver that she was experiencing a psychotic episode. Bynes subsequently called 911 to tell authorities about her mental break.

After meeting with a mental health expert at a local police station, Bynes was was placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold, which was extended after medical experts determined she needed longer than the typical 72 hours in order to get back on track. Days after the incident, Bynes’ ex-fiancé Paul Michael told Page Six that Bynes has been “off her meds” for an unspecified amount of time.

Check out a full timeline of Amanda Bynes’ post-Nickelodeon struggles here.

Related Articles

More Complex

Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.

Follow Complex on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok