The post Alicia Keys teams with Miguel, Raphael Saadiq for new song “Show Me Love”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The track is a slow-burning soul ballad that sees the R&B stars putting their voices at the forefront of a powerful duet. Behind them, Raphael Saadiq plays a moving acoustic guitar melody. In a tweet, Keys described the song as being a representation of “the many experiences of love: self love, love with another, love creating, spiritual love. The push, pull, struggle, joy, the peace.”
“Show Me Love” comes to us via a music video that’s perhaps more fit for a museum than MTV. In the Cara Stricker-directed clip, actors Michael B. Jordan and Zoe Saldana give slow-mo performances. Jordan marches his way through a burst of water on the street, while Saldana does an interpretive dance with her artist husband Marco Perego Saldana in a battered art room. Under constant rainfall, Miguel busts out some graceful moves while Keys performs on the piano.
Check out the “Show Me Love” video below. You can also catch Keys at the Global Citizen Festival and iHeartRadio Music Festival later this month by grabbing tickets here. Miguel, meanwhile, has slots lined up at Day N Vegas, San Diego’s Wonderfront, and San Antonio’s Mala Luna, so check for those passes here.
It’s nice to see Keys back in the spotlight with a new song. Earlier this year, she hosted the Grammys and shook viewers with a show-stealing piano medley. She also covered Aretha Franklin with SZA. It was a welcome return, especially given her last album, Here, came out back in 2016.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Mike Patton on Joining Faith No More, Finding Inspiration from Tom Waits, and Being Yourself