Alec Benjamin speaks with Kyle Meredith about his first full-length album, These Two Windows. The Phoenix singer-songwriter discusses how there’s enough leftover songs to make a second album and how being bilingual may lead to writing in Mandarin in the future. He also shares his appreciation for Leonard Cohen and explains how he’s been co-writing and collaborating on songs amidst quarantine.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Top 25 Albums of 2020 (So Far)
- Mel Gibson Is About to Be Canceled Again
- A "Herd Immunity" Rock Festival Is Happening in July: Static-X, Nonpoint, Dope, and More to Play
- Trump Voters Are Burning Their Face Masks to Protest COVID-19 Orders
- K-Pop Fans Sabotaged Trump's Under-Attended Tulsa Rally