Sometimes all it takes is the right look, the right voice, or even the right beat to make an artist pop. With OMB Peezy, there's a blend of all three.
The Alabama-born rapper now resides in the Bay Area and has already linked up with guys like Nef Da Pharoah and is signed to E-40's Sick Wid It Records. He's only 20-years-old yet he carries the raw energy and intensity reminiscent of vets like Lil Boosie.
Peezy's big moment came when he dropped his Drum Dummie-produced single "Lay Down." The record is full of aggression, witty wordplay, and features a second verse that may be the toughest of the year so far. "Lay Down" actually has the same instrumental from Lil Cray's single "Indicted," which is also incredible and serves as proof that this beat was destined to be a hit but both Peezy and Lil Cray matched the bar with their lyrics.
Check out "Lay Down" at the top of the page and a few of OMB Peezy's other tracks below.
More from Complex
- Somehow Lil Peep Mashed Up With The Pixies Sounds Great
- Safaree Talks Remy Ma Diss and Tells Nicki Minaj to Pay Him on 'Wendy Williams Show'
- Chance The Rapper Donated $1 Million To Chicago Public Schools, But That's Just The First Step
- Ciara, Baby Future and (Kind Of) Russell Wilson Went Naked for a Family Photo Shoot
- #LifeAtComplex: Michael K. Williams Is a Fan of the Yeezy Boost 350 V2 "Zebra"