Set in New York City in 1977, the show follows a band of Nazi hunters who have discovered hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are living among us and planning a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The Hunters, as they’re known, set out on a violent quest to bring the Nazis to justice and stop their genocidal plans. The trailer shows several of their members stab, shoot and blow up Nazis around town.
More from Variety
- Lupita Nyong'o Follows Hollywood's Tradition of Two Roles in One Film
- Martin Scorsese Saluted by Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino at Santa Barbara Film Fest Gala
- Will Martin Scorsese's Marvel Comments Hurt 'The Irishman's' Oscar Chances?
“There comes a time where we all must choose between the light and the darkness. But when there’s great darkness in this world, perhaps a choice is made for us,” Pacino monologues in the trailer. “For eons, people like us have been degraded and exterminated, but no more. There is evil among us and you must remember, this evil starts with but a spot inside of them. Then it grows to a stain. Then it becomes a scourge. And we can’t know such evil until it strikes. So the time to act is now before everything we hold dear to us is destroyed. This is not murder. This is mitzvah. Welcome to the hunt.”
The cast includes Logan Lerman, Jerrika Hinton, Josh Radnor, Kate Mulvany, Tiffany Boone, Greg Austin, Louis Ozawa Changchien, Carol Kane, Saul Rubinek, Dylan Baker and Lena Olin.
Created by David Weil, “Hunters” is produced by Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Sonar Entertainment. Weil and Nikki Toscano serve as executive producers and showrunners, and Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (“American Horror Story”) directed the pilot.
“Hunters” comes to Amazon Prime Video in 2020.
Watch the trailer below.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- Every Oscar Best Picture Winner