Adam Shankman, the director behind titles such as What Men Want and 2007’s Hairspray, has been tapped to helm Hocus Pocus 2, Disney+’s sequel to the 1993 cult classic that starred Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy.
TV writer-producer Jen D’Angelo penned the screenplay for the film which is being produced by Lynn Harris. The original, directed by Kenny Ortega, followed what happens when three villainous witches are inadvertently resurrected in Salem, MA.
More from Deadline
- New 'Hocus Pocus' Movie In the Works At Disney+
- Disney Cancels Disney+ European Launch Event Over Coronavirus Fears
- Disney & Sky Ink New Deal, Making Disney+ Available To Sky Customers In UK & Ireland
The original has become a cult hit and a staple on Disney Channel and Freeform with annual airings.
Variety was first to report this news.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: First California Death Reported As U.S. Toll Grows To 11; Global Death Toll Nears 3,200
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More