Taylor Materne and Will Fetters penned the script, which centers on an American basketball scout who is unjustly fired after discovering a once-in-a-lifetime player abroad. The scout decides to bring him to the States to prove that they both have what it takes to make it in the NBA.
More from Deadline
- Netflix Lines Up 'Stay Close' As Its Next Harlan Coben Adaptation From 'The Stranger' Producer Red
- Ava DuVernay & Netflix Want 'When They See Us' Suit From Ex-NYC Assistant D.A. Dismissed
- 'Gentefied' Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
Sandler’s Happy Madison is producing the pic alongside LeBron James’ SpringHill Entertainment label and Roth/Kirschenbaum Films.
News of Sandler’s project comes a few months after the streaming giant announced it’s extending the deal with Sandler and Happy Madison Productions to make four more movies.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Nears 90,000 As Cases Nationally Reach 1.48 Million - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto