Woke, created by Keith Knight & Marshall Todd, is inspired by the life and work of Black artist Keith Knight, known for his comedy-laced cartoon renderings of political, social, and racial issues.
T. Murph plays Clovis, part of the show’s central trio that includes Lamorne Morris’ Keef and Blake Anderson’s Gunther. Woke tells the story of cartoonist Keef, on the verge of mainstream success when an unexpected and racially-charged incident changes his life.
A breakout of Chicago’s comedy scene, T. Murph has been featured on Saturday Night Live, Key & Peele, Comedy Central’s Kevin Hart Presents: The Next Level, BET’s Comic View, and Epix’s Get Shorty, among others. He has performed at the NBC Diversity Finals Showcase, HBO’s American Black Film Festival, New York Comedy Festival, Just For Laughs, and the Second City Breakout Festival.
T. Murph continues to be represented by Jordan Tilzer at El Centro Management and ID.
More from Deadline
- Emma Roberts Inks First-Look Deal At Hulu & Sets 'Tell Me Lies' Adaptation As First Project
- More Than Half Of U.S. Households Now Subscribe To Multiple Streaming Services, Study Finds
- 'The Great' Creator Tony McNamara On Building World Of Emmy-Nominated Period Comedy & Plans For Its Second Season
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Total Cases Hit 6 Million Milestone
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto