ABC has given a pilot order to Home Economics, a single-camera family comedy from writers Michael Colton and John Aboud (Penguins Of Madagascar), Lionsgate TV and Eric and Kim Tannenbaum’s studio-based Tannenbaum Company.
Written by Colton and Aboud, Home Economics is about three adult siblings: one in the 1 percent, one middle-class, and one barely holding on.
More from Deadline
- Patrick Fugit To Star In ABC's 'Thirtysomething' Sequel Pilot
- ABC Orders 'Adopted' Comedy Pilot From Jimmy Kimmel & 'The Green Beret's Guide' Duo
- Topher Grace To Headline & EP ABC Comedy Pilot 'Home Economics' In Rich Deal
The project, inspired by Colton’s family, was originally set up at Fox last development season with a script commitment plus penalty. ABC bought the comedy on spec, with ABC Studios coming on board to co-produce alongside Lionsgate. (Fox Entertainment likely retains a small piece.)
Colton and Aboud executive produce with Kim and Eric Tannenbaum of The Tannenbaum Company, whose Jason Wang is co-executive producer. Lionsgate Television’s Maxfield Elins will oversee the series on behalf of the studio
At ABC, Home Economics joins single-camera comedy pilots Work Wife and Prospect and multi-camera My Village.
Colton and Aboud co-wrote features A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Penguins of Madagascar and The Comebacks. In TV, the duo wrote for Childrens Hospital and animated comedy series Sit Down Shut Up.
The Tannenbaum Co. also produces The Last O.G. for TBS, The Moodys for Fox and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist for NBC.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon