EXCLUSIVE: A3 Artists Agency has cut a total of eight staffers, we hear, a mix of agents and assistants. The layoffs were effective as of last night.
While there was speculation that layoffs might be related to the coronavirus pandemic, sources within the agency tell Deadline that this recent round was strategic.
A3 recently hired a new lit team, business affairs team, with a few more agents expected to join in the near future.
In addition, A3 is actively promoting key agents to partner status, Jamie Pillet being one of the more recent promotions in the New York office. Pillet was moved from senior agent to Partner in A3’s talent division.
More from Deadline
- A3 Artists Agency Promotes Jamie Pillet To Partner
- A3 Artists Agency Hires Valarie Phillips As Partner & Co-Head Of Motion Pictures Literary Division
- Blum House, Oprah Winfrey's OWN Among Hollywood & Media Companies Recognizing Election Day As Holiday - Update
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto