The post 50 teenagers storm gates at Lollapalooza, immediately arrested appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
A group of 50 teenagers stormed Lollapalooza’s gates on Friday in attempt to illegally enter the Chicago festival.
According to ABC 7 News, the incident occurred at about 2 p.m. local time and involved teenagers who apparently devised the plan and recruited people using social media.
Video capturing the incident shows many individuals penetrating the festival’s exterior gates. However, the Office of Emergency Management and Communications says no one actually made it inside of the festival.
“Both CPD and festival security responded immediately to the situation and resolved it within moments, a statement reads. “As a result, no one was able to gain entry into the festival.”
The gate crashers will reportedly be charged with criminal trespass, and they had to call their parents to come bail them out.
— Tobangya Lawrence (@the_ceejay) August 2, 2019
Statement re: the attempted breach of an exterior perimeter fence at Lolla today. Our robust security plan, which includes multiple layers of fences worked. No one gained entry. Note to anyone who's thinking about trying it: offenders will be charged with criminal trespass. pic.twitter.com/yAh365Nz2r
— Chicago OEMC (@ChicagoOEMC) August 2, 2019
- Leaked video shows Gibson destroying hundreds of their own guitars
- Rihanna to Trump on El Paso, Dayton shootings: "Donald, you spelt 'terrorism' wrong"
- Neil deGrasse Tyson downplays recent mass shootings in tweet, Smash Mouth aren't having it
- 50 teenagers storm gates at Lollapalooza, immediately arrested
- Tool reveal artwork for new album Fear Inoculum
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"