As previously reported, the 47-year-old model/actress was found dead Thursday inside her Los Angeles area home. Porter's representative Cindi Berger has confirmed the tragedy, and asked media outlets to respect the families' privacy at this time.
Though officials have not shared any details about the cause of death, sources told TMZ that Porter was experiencing "flu-like symptoms" for the past several weeks and went into cardiac arrest.
Speaking to USA Today, LAPD spokesperson Jeff Lee confirmed homicide deceives were at the scene "conducting a death investigation of a female to determine if there is any foul play involved." Investigators have yet to provide any additional information.
Shortly after Porter's death was announced, a slew of celebrities went to social media to express their condolences. The mourners included everyone from 50 Cent and Gabrielle Union to Missy Elliott and Rick Ross.
You can read some of the messages below.
- Kim Porter, Diddy's Ex, Dead at 47
- Lawsuit Claims Diddy's Kids Were "Covered in White Powder"
- Diddy's Son King Combs Drops Debut Mixtape '90's Baby'
More from Complex
- 50 Cent, Gabrielle Union, Missy Elliott, and More Mourn the Death of Kim Porter
- Watch Episode 11 of 'Mostly Football' With Martellus Bennett
- Nafe Smallz And M Huncho Team Up With "Drip Too Hard" Rapper Gunna For "Broken Homes"
- Sony Announces They Won't Be at E3 2019
- The Best Tupac Songs