Cardi B and Offset seemed poised to remain a real power couple, but the two suddenly split earlier this month. "It's nobody's fault, it's just like I guess we grew out of love," Cardi said on Instagram at the time. "But, we're not together any more. It might take time to get a divorce. I'm always going to have a lot of love for him because he is my daughter's father."
Of course, the rumors of Offset cheating on Cardi probably didn't help, and yet he maintains that he misses her.
FUCK YALL I MISS CARDI— OFFSET (@OffsetYRN) December 9, 2018
Offset's response to the split certainly hasn't gone unheard by the hip-hop community, and 50 Cent among others has already sprung to the rapper's defense. "That's a cute outfit, but you gotta go home," 50 wrote on one of Cardi's recent Instagram posts. "That boy love you girl."
All these wack ass male rappers (Tip, 50 cent, lil duval) trying to tell Cardi not to divorce community dick offset look dumb as hell, niggas need to grow tf up! pic.twitter.com/jzspVx2SJ9— ki🔪 (@icy_ki) December 11, 2018
Upon hearing of the split, many fans began to speculate it was just for publicity, but Cardi shut down those accusations pretty fast. "I just really hate how people say we trying to do this for publicity,” she said during a stream on Instagram. “Think we want to put our life out there for what—what we gain from publicity? Nothing.”
Regardless of the split, though, Cardi has been doing very well for herself, as she recently bagged herself five Grammy nominations. In fact, she found out about her nominations after leaving court.
- Google's Most Popular Searches of 2018 Include Mac Miller, XXXTentacion, 'Black Panther'
- Fallon Gets People Who Haven't Heard Drake, Cardi B, and Migos to Perform Their Hits on the Street
- Cardi B on Feud With Nicki Minaj: 'Bad for Business'
More from Complex
- Watch What Happens When Someone Tries to Cut the Line for Air Jordan 1s
- A Brinks Truck Spilled Money All Over a New Jersey Highway
- Ebro on Kodak Black Backlash: 'I Feel Bad It Went That Way'
- 'The Honesty Episode' With Tory Lanez: Joyner Lucas Battle, Ebro v Kodak & More | Everyday Struggle
- Premiere: Asian Doll Keeps It Icy in "Rock Out" Video