When it comes to celebrities on social media, Chrissy Teigen is the best of the best. Through good times and bad, it feels like Teigen always knows what to say and, even better, she knows how to say it in a way that it makes for an instantly relatable post on Instagram or Twitter. Sadly, recent drama with food writer Alison Roman has Teigen taking a break from Twitter — so while we mourn the loss of new content (for a while!), we’re looking back on her greatest hits to get us through.
Teigen’s knack for distilling the absurd parts of life into the perfect post has made her a social media icon, with fans tuning in for everything from family updates and cooking advice to political commentary and epic shutdowns. To honor this true queen of social media, let’s take a look at some of her greatest hits, from blowouts with President Trump to thirst traps, clapbacks, and more.
More from SheKnows
- Chrissy Teigen Is Sorry for Making Alison Roman Apologize
- Chrissy Teigen Locked Her Twitter as Alison Roman Drama Led to Online Digs About Her Kids
- Chrissy Teigen Has the Most Vulnerable (& Valid) Response to Food Writer Alison Roman's Insults
1. When she tracked down her own boobs in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
“My boobs are in fast and the furious Tokyo drift. I sat on the floor with 200 people in a parking garage in downtown la,” she wrote. “They pulled me to be “girl getting out of car”’and the shot ended up cutting off at my face as they panned up my body. Lmao. can someone find it? I dont wanna have to watch it but its a parking garage scene and I believe the boobs are in a pink bra.”
And what do you know? Within minutes, someone had the shot.
2. When she revealed the perfect way to seamlessly touch up a photo you don’t like
3. When she trolled John Legend over his Sexiest Man Alive title
“[T]he sexiest man alive just made me a ham sandwich,” Teigen bragged on Twitter.
4. When she got real about deep conversations with toddlers
“I just tried to have a talk with Luna and said ‘hey. I just want you to know that you’re a really awesome daughter. I’m so lucky,'” Teigen wrote. “And she said ‘what if my name was poo poo pee pee’.”
5. When she shared this adorable photoshoot footage of Luna & Miles
6. When she embraced the Daily Mail‘s attempt to shame her
Teigen screenshotted a Daily Mail headline reading: “Chrissy Teigen locks herself in a room to get some ‘peace’ from her crying children while on a family vacation with John Legend.” As a caption, she wrote: “Hell yeah.”
7. When she perfectly responded to President Trump calling her John Legend’s “filthy mouthed wife”
“[L]ol what a pussy ass bitch,” she wrote. “tagged everyone but me. an honor, mister president.”
8. When she updated us on the adventures of Peanut Butter the hamster
“Luna and I bought a hamster today,” Teigen first wrote. “Her name is peanut butter. John is not thrilled, which makes me love her more.”
A few days later, her affection had cooled: “They told us we can feed her anything. My mom said, ‘rice?’ And they go, ‘no, not rice…They also said ‘don’t really touch her for a week. Then touch her a lot or she’ll bite you’ it’s very confusing, being a hamster mom.”
And finally, the inevitable: “welp the hamster got out. just what you all told me would happen.”
9. When she made this extremely valid point about breastfeeding
10. When she clarified exactly why her ass looks so good in this picture
11. When she kept Miles by her side while giving a speech
On Saturday, Teigen ruled social media not with humor but with powerful words. Holding infant son Miles, she addressed the crowd on the important concerns surrounding immigration and later, with this very casual reflection on the day, reminded us all how cool she is.
12. When she gently roasted her hubby
Teigen never misses an opportunity to roast her husband, John Legend, on social media. Recently, she nailed it when she reminded everyone of Legend’s resemblance to the cartoon character Arthur while snapping a cute shot of Luna.
13. When she showed us a new way to prep a salad
Shortly before little Miles arrived, Teigen was maximizing her very pregnant state by showing us all an, um, inventive way to cook.
14. When she got real about a little-known aspect of being around kids
A snapshot into Teigen’s life by way of a viral tweet.
15. When she took us on the roller-coaster ride of getting brown bananas
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 21, 2017
We’re calling it now: The search for brown bananas for Teigen’s banana bread recipe will go down as one of the greatest moments in Twitter history.
16. When she might have accidentally messed up her Grammys aesthetic
I ate fun dip with my fingers last night and I'm stained and Grammys are tomorrow. I've tried everything please help pic.twitter.com/Atr66KJcYo
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 11, 2017
Listen, we’ve all been there, but on the eve of a necessary Grammys appearance? That’s a uniquely Teigen struggle we can only laugh at and empathize with from afar.
17. When she almost killed us all with the cuteness that is Luna talking
Try not to squeal with delight watching Teigen feed Luna different words and phrases. Go on, try.
18. When she reminded us what the minimum relationship requirements were
How is John taking off my jewelry "relationship goals" like your fuckin boyfriend won't take your necklace off jfc leave him
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 14, 2017
This needs to be everyone’s relationship baseline from now on. Teigen has declared it so.
19. When she gave us a peek into touring life with Legend
Touring life with John is basically him resting his voice and never speaking and me saying "are you mad at me" every 45 minutes
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) May 20, 2017
This is amazing. Thank you, Chrissy, for this valuable peek into life with John Legend.
20. When she made scrolling on her phone look like art
How does she make scrolling through your phone in bed half-naked (a thing we’ve all done at one time or another) look so glamorous?
21. When she and Dwayne Johnson had this amazing interaction about food and exercise
We’re never going to forget this memorable interaction, TBH.
22. When she had a funny moment with Legend
Honestly, these two are just too cute to handle.
23. When she showed up the upside of taking a bath
Her sweet videos with Luna have always delighted us, but one from June really sent us over the edge. It features Luna giving her a bubble bath facial.
24. When she clearly came out on top in an “epic feud”
Have u ever seen a more epic feud pic.twitter.com/LDitpCeaq7
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2016
Don’t mess with Teigen — she bites back.
25. When she had a feisty clapback for the president
what time should we call your Uber?
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 4, 2017
Teigen is hardly President Donald’s Trump’s biggest fan, but she really let the shade fly when she let this burn loose less than a month into Trump’s time in office.
26. When she joked about an accurate meme
Teigen knows her memes and isn’t afraid to hilariously embrace them, even when they make her the target.
27. And, of course, when she was real about how tough it is to get the perfect shot
Teigen will go to any lengths to get the best photo, but that doesn’t mean she won’t gripe about it like the rest of us — and that’s why we love her.
Before you go, check out these celebrities who famously aren’t on social media.
Launch Gallery: Why These Celebrities Reject Social Media
Best of SheKnows
- 18 Biggest & Most Expensive Celebrity Homes — See Where Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, & More Put Down Roots
- 62 Incredible Shows on Netflix You Should Be Watching
- 19 Things You Never Knew About Kelly Clarkson